Deutsche Bank Reorganizes Asian Investment Bank After Cuts

The new set-up of Deutsche Bank’s Asian investment bank is part of a sweeping restructuring unveiled by Chief Executive Officer Christian Sewing one month ago that includes 18,000 job cuts by the end of 2022 and will decrease the lender’s reli


BOJ policy makers divided on easing

The BOJ must communicate more clearly its resolve to take additional monetary easing steps without hesitation if the momentum to achieve its price target is under threat


MUFG concludes First State Investments purchase in $2.7bn deal

Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking president and CEO Mikio Ikegaya said: “We are committed to supporting FSI’s strategy of delivering high-quality investment capabilities and establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.


CIMB shuts HK investment banking operations

The bank was reported to have let go of 10 investment bankers based in Hong Kong due to strong competition, leaving only one to oversee the transition, capital markets publication IFR reported.


Macquarie annuities, asset management down

Macquarie AM closed the quarter with $552.7 billion in AUM, up 2% from the previous quarter. Its banking and financial service business saw total deposits down 1% at $53.1 billion - its funds on platform grew by 3% to $88.8 billion.


Singapore banking: Inside UOB’s new era

It comes up constantly during our 75-minute interview in an airy meeting room in the bank’s Raffles Place head office, just around a corner from a bronze bust of his grandfather.